An online course on Utter is divided into 2 types; a live online and a video on-demand.
A live online class #
A live online is when you create a schedule and teach live face-to-face with more engagement using Utter built-in live streaming system, no need to use or integrate any other live streaming softwares.
A video on-demand course #
A video on-demand is when you upload all your prepared videos for students to learn at their own pace but has less engagement. Utter doesn’t limit the data, you can upload as many videos as you like.
Big picture of how to create a course
You simply create a course structure on Utter, map out how many sessions do you have and how long does it take for each session. Then, you will have options to create a schedule for live online classes or upload a video for a video on-demand course.
Plan your course structure > Create your course structure > Decide your delivery methods.
How to create a course structure.
- Go to https://www.utter.live/brand
- Select “go to brand” on the brand you’d like to create a course structure.
- Select Course > Create a course > Online course
- Fill in information for your course structure.
- Title of this course Category, subcategory and language, About this course, who is it for? And what is required to take this course? Your course thumbnail.
- Add sessions and objectives for every session.
- Notes and attachments for the sessions are optional.
The system automatically saves everytime you make changes, you can leave the tab or close the browser without manually saving.
How to publish your course
Note: In order to publish your course, you need to either select one of the delivery options which are live online or a video on-demand.
To delivery as a live online teaching:
- Select Add Schedule under the availability section.
- Complete the scheduling.
- Then you will be able to publish your first live online class.
To delivery as a video on-demand:
- Select Create a video on-demand option.
- Upload your prepared videos into relevant sessions.
- Insert the pricing and other information.
- Click Save, then you will be able to publish your first video on-demand course.